What is Reiki?
The practice of Reiki is an original method of healing, rediscovered and developed in Japan by Doctor Mikao Usui in the 20th Century. Reiki is a gentle but effective treatment, which helps release the paths of energy blocked by injury, illness or difficult experiences.
There is no manipulation; the practictioner places their hands on or over the body throughout the session. Reiki promotes the body's own natural ability to heal itself, balancing the internal energy system as it does so, encouraging the release of tension and stress, leaving the body and mind balanced and re-energised.
Reiki can be used to help relieve the symptoms of many conditions:
- Back Pain
- Circulatory Problems
- Headaches, including migraine
- Sports injuries
- Stress related conditions
At the Phoenix, we offer courses for those interested in learning Reiki. Both courses take place over two days, totalling six hours of demonstrations and guided training. You will also receive a comprehensive handbook and a certificate.
Introductory course: Reiki Level 1
- The History of Reiki
- The Usui System of Natural Healing
- Reiki Ideals
- The Attunements
- 21 Day Self Treatment
- How to give a Reiki Treatment
- Treating Serious Ailments
- Finishing a Treatment
- Working on the Aura
- Hand Positions: treating others
- Hand Positions: self treatment
- Working on Emotion
Upon completion, you will receive: Reiki Level 1 Certificate
Practitioner course: Reiki Level 2
- Reinforcing your Healing Powers
- Sealing a Reiki Treatment
- Introduction to Reiki Symbols
- Using the Power Symbol for Protection
- Using the Power Symbol to create Positive Energy
- Using the Mental/Emotional Symbol
- Filtering Bad Vibrations
- Aiding Memory
- Tibetan Symbol: Serpent of Fire
- Using Tibetan Symbols to Balance the Chakras
- Using Tibetan Symbols to Treat Back Injuries
- Using Distance Symbol
- Using Symbols to Achieve Goals
- Reiki and Medical Treatment
- Gyoshi Ho: Healing with the Eyes
- Kokyo Ho: Healing with the Breath
Upon completion, you will receive: Reiki Level 2 Certificate
In order to experience Reiki for yourself, without obligation, we offer you the opportunity of attending our Reiki Share classes, where experienced practitioners offer Reiki treatments to those present at nominal cost. Classes are held on the last Friday of the month from 7.30 to 9.30pm at the Phoenix Aikido and Fitness Club.
Reiki is a gentle yet powerful complementary therapy that may be used with confidence alongside orthodox healthcare. It does not interfere with any medication, including all cancer treatments. Reiki relieves stress, eases aches and pains, relaxes and creates a feeling of well being.
For more information contact Jan Costigan, UK Reiki Federation Master Teacher Member:
- Mobile: 07790 848 592
Page Top of