Fitness at the Phoenix
At the Phoenix, we offer a wide range of fitness classes for all abilities, from the gentle, rhythmic art of to high energy Circuit Training, Boxercise and all new Zumba® classes. All our classes are run by qualified, experienced instructors. T’ai Chi
Exercise is necessary to assist with any weight loss programme. We suggest three sessions per week to feel an improvement in physical fitness and to see results. However, if you are new to exercise it is advisable to take things gently at first and build up gradually. Consistency is the key to success and so it is important to find classes that you enjoy, making the sessions part of your weekly routine. Please speak with one of our fitness instructors for advise and any further information that you may require.
- Gently Does It
- This class is for people who want to start a fitness regime but who don't know how or where to begin. Let us take you through basic moves to increase your stamina; tone your muscles and improve your health. We want to introduce you to the joy of exercise and to inspire you to move on to our regular classes with enthusiasm and confidence.
The Zumba® program fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat. Add some Latin flavor and international zest into the mix and you've got a Zumba® class!
- An aerobics class incorporating boxing moves. No fancy footwork so hopefully will appeal to male participants too. Great for improving stamina and muscle tone.
- Simply Fitness
- A straightforward exercise class using basic moves and no fancy footwork. The class concentrates on cardiovascular work together with a toning section.
- Simple Step
- A 45 minute class aimed at beginners to learn basic step moves and includes an abdominal section. Ideal for the new stepper.
- Bums, Tums and Thighs
- An always popular class with an aerobic section, followed by conditioning exercises, using hand weights and tubing. Ideal for targeting areas below the belt.
- Step (Intermediate)
- This class is ideal for progression from simple step.
- A combination of step and toning exercises.
- A predominately toning class with no fancy footwork. Weights and tubing used to condition the upper and lower body.
- Stretch, Strengthen and Relax
- As the name suggests, this class is done to relaxing music and concentrates on posture, core body strengthening and balancing work together with stretching.
- Yoga (Hatha)
- A popular and effective system of exercise promoting whole body health, including strength, flexibility and peace of mind
- An effortless and rhythmical art that stresses slow breathing, balanced and relaxed postures, with calmness of mind. More information on T’ai Chi is . available here
- Womens Self Defense
- A course of classes, usually six weeks, of self defense training especially designed for women. Aikido moves taught in their basic form with emphasis on speed, reaction and awareness. The aim being to develop self-confidence in the art of physical and mental self-defense.
All sessions are run on a pay as you go basis, with no membership required. A reduction is available if you attend more than two sessions per week.
- Fitness classes: £4.00
- Stretch, Strengthen and Relax: £4.00
- Zumba®, Boxercise: £4.00
- Yoga: £4.00
- Tai Chi: £4.00
Prices are correct as of 2nd January 2017.
Fitness Class Timetable
- All Levels: Light Green
- Beginners: Red
- Beginners - Intermediate: Blue
- Intermediate: Yellow
Page Top of